Your brand’s marketing goals highly depend, not only on the quality of content, but also on the distribution platforms that you choose. It is a rudimentary demand for any digital marketer or content writer to understand this facet of content distribution. With the internet bustling with life and millions of visitors consuming content every second, the number of platforms is never an issue. Also, what industry you belong to plays a role in deciding your ideal platform.
Let’s dive in and explore the various ways in which you can choose the best platform for publishing your content.
Identity your goals and your target audience
Before you begin your search though, a crucial aspect remains. Not only is identifying your audience and your goals good for your content, it is helpful in all vertices of your marketing strategy. Therefore, it is a must to start your pursuit by defining your marketing goals. To come up with a concrete goal, consider these pointers:
- How can we increase brand awareness?
- How can we improve the quality of prospects?
- What will be our sales funnel?
- What measures can be taken to increase the relevant visitor count on our website?
- How can we capture the search results?
- How can we serve our customers better?
- How can we boost customer engagement?
- How can we increase the company’s income? What is our revenue model?
After you define your goals, another fundamental is to define your audience. Having a clear idea of your target market allows you to make better decisions. Also, concerning the topic at hand, clarity about your audience allows you to choose the right distribution platform for content writing and publishing.
Your brand’s target audience is defined by demographics and behaviour. Parameters such as age, nationality, gender, race, etc. play a role. Also, the current behavioural trends matter a lot. Let’s say that you run a trendy shoe store online. If you have a clear idea about the kind of people who love your product or love the idea of your product, you can push your brand toward this specific group of people. It helps you come with more solidified strategies and saves costs in the process. Just like Work4you, you can get ample amount of benefits such as Bookkeeping, BPO & KPO, Back Office Support, Virtual Assistant, Digital Marketing, and Graphic & Web Design. It is up to you which service you want to obtain.
Identify your distribution options
Your distribution options may include:
- Organic social media.
Each of these main headings have several subcategories and distribution platforms that you can go for. Let’s go through them one by one.
Organic social media distribution
It is best to go with content writing on social media if your goals align with the following:
- You need better brand awareness.
- Building a strong connection with your audience.
- Increasing lead generation.
- Increasing visitor count on your website.
The best part about organic social media or even social media advertising is that your audience follows you because they have interest in your content. You can harness this to reach out to relevant prospects and grow an organic viewer base.
Developing content for social media requires a lot of tact and intuition though. It has to resonate with the interests of your audience. Content writing and publishing techniques also differ across different social media platforms.
We live in a time when the attention span of most social media users is very short. This is testified by the success of Instagram Stories, SnapChat, Vines, and YouTube Shorts. Designing the right content for social media demands attention grabbing pieces.
- Facebook provides the opportunity to produce lengthy text based content. There are 91 billion active monthly users on this platform. Growing organically on Facebook is challenging though. Because of the large number of players already advertising on this platform, it is hard to enter the scene and find a place for yourself.
- Instagram is the young generation’s hang out spot. If your brand’s target audience is Gen Z, it is recommended to grow a community on Instagram. Although the number of reported users on Instagram is much less than Facebook, it is still a gold mine waiting to be explored.
- LinkedIn offers a wonderful channel for B2B brands. If your company functions on this model, go for LinkedIn at all costs. Paid social media advertising on LinkedIn is expensive as compared to other platforms though.
- Twitter was all in the news due to its takeover by Elon Musk. It has gained popularity over the years. Twitter is amazing for customer engagement and nurturing a healthy community of people with an interest in your brand.
- SnapChat is used more by women than by men. Like Instagram, it appeals more to the younger crowd.
- Finally, TikTok also allows a n arena for social media advertising and organic growth. Small bite size content is ideal for grabbing the attention of a user base that does not spend much time on a single post.
It is important to note that media based content (audio, video, and images) work better on social media platforms than text based content.
Paid distribution channels
Injecting cash into your social media as well your website is good when:
- You require better brand awareness.
- You need more leads.
- You want to grow your audience.
- You want more people on your platform.
Paid advertising is one of the most strategic aspects ofinternet marketing. You can go for social media advertising, Google AdWords for growth on search engines, and displaying your content on third party platforms such as Medium.
Paid content and internet marketing is best when you want quick and relevant results. It is obviously better than organic growth although the downside is that people develop interest in your brand as compared to the latter.
Internet marketing witnessed a changing phase with the rise of Instagram and TikTok in the form of influencer marketing. Content writing and development to fortify your influencer distribution platforms helps you when:
- You need to build brand trust.
- ROI on marketing needs to be improved.
- You need to enable a sales generation funnel.
Influencer marketing is extremely effective on younger generations and people who love to purchase from purpose driven brands. Influencer content writing needs to be versatile and intelligent. It should go well with captions, video subtitles, as well as for livestreams.
Email distribution channels
Although one of the oldest forms of internet marketing when it comes to distribution channels, emails are still very effective. They help you achieve better brand loyalty, increase revenue, and fortify your cross sells and upsells. You can reach out to both your subscribers and your cold/warm prospects via emails. Email marketing is targeted and guarantees a percentage of success every campaign.
Content writing for emails is a bit more formal than the usual social media posts. Although brands are switching into more attractive email marketing strategies, the base audience that checks their email regularly is still very professional. The advent of push notifications via mobile applications has decreased the use of email campaigns by a small margin. However, this channel is still very relevant.
Strengthening your distribution strategy
Once you decide which distribution channel works best with your brand’s style and its goals, you can start working on ways to strengthen it. As a general rule, content writing for any distribution channel or platforms needs to be:
- Free from grammatical errors and readability issues.
- Optimised to attract the attention of your target audience.
- Optimised to serve search engine crawlers with good results.
- Follow the current market trends and behaviour.
- Flexible enough to stay relevant for a long period of time.